Would having a reference from Boston’s largest silkscreen, embroidery and promotional production company on your resume, help you stand apart from others in your field? Would one on one client interaction help prepare you to successfully earning a living while indulging your artistic abilities? This is a unique opportunity for anyone looking to gain practical experience in this exciting and popular field. Come intern with us and see the real workings of the industry.
RC Silk has an art/graphics design intern position available immediately. Facility is open M-F 8am – 5pm; a flexible schedule will be tailored for a qualified candidate. Candidates must either commit for a few hours a week, for a 3 month period, or whatever structured schedule meets with requirements for a co-op curriculum. This is an unpaid position, however a stipend for transportation and other expenses will be considered!
Ideal candidates will be reliable, organized, detail oriented, open to direction, personable and capable of interacting professionally with clients. We are located on the downtown water front, T accessible, and casual attire is PREFERRED!
Duties/Skills/Areas of interest include:
- Output 4color process film/acetate
- Spot color separations
- Control bleeding
- Creating screens from art components
- Overseeing digitization of designs for embroidery
- Simulated process separation on darks
- Will need skills in illustrator, Mac, and PC operation
- Creative development of your own designs
- Development of client needs
- Cataloging and organizing film/acetates, client original art
- Assist with quality control for output of color separated art and film/acetates
- Production of custom art and lettering for clients.
- On-screen image editing using Illustrator
- Basic studio up-keep (i.e. very light cleaning, organizing)
- Organizational projects: library of art, filing cabinets.
- In house research of specific files for clients/projects
- Scanning, internet research for various projects/assignments.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org